There are a lot of talented, creative designers in the St. Louis metropolitan area, but as is the case with all professions, there are also some who are not as credible.
Whomever you choose for your remodeling or design needs, please ask these questions before you sign a contract to hire any design professional.
1. How do you charge? If you charge hourly, do you charge for drive time, emails or phone calls? If you charge hourly, can you give me an estimate of how many hours the project will take? Can you offer a set fee?
2. What type of tangible information is included, i.e. drawings, floor plans, tile layouts, spec sheets, etc.? How quickly will you get back to me with the initial design?
3. Do you work for a contractor, outside of the ones you refer?
4. Are there any discounts offered on furniture, area rugs etc?
5. What is the best way for us to communicate i.e. email, text or phone?
Naturally, we hope Ellen Kurtz Interiors is always your first choice for all your design and remodeling projects. We would be honored to have you as a client!